It’s been a few months since my last post and although I promised that I’ll be writing more frequently, I can’t seem to find the time because I’ve been under a lot of stress. First off, the last few days of 2018 was pretty tough for me because my grandmother suddenly passed away. Still can’t forget my mom’s call while I was on the bus on the way to Manila because I was moving from Baguio to Manila then. I stayed in the wake until her burial and I think I only had around 8 hours of sleep for the whole week since I had to accommodate those who wanted to see my grandma for the last time.
Then, since I resigned from my job in Baguio in order to move, I had to undergo intense training in my new job here in Manila. It felt like I was starting from scratch and I had to adjust a lot — from the commute to the environment and the people. Plus, my parents aren’t around so I’m getting homesick a lot. I honestly think that I’m relapsing back to my depressive state (surprise, I was diagnosed last 2015) and I’m struggling everyday to pick myself up. Getting by, sure, but I have to try harder. I really don’t want to be consumed by these negative feelings but for now I have to welcome and process it.
On the bright side, 1) I’ve been learning a new language and I’m happy I’m getting progress because I can understand some songs, series, etc. without a subtitle or translation, 2) I’m also getting back to reading! Right now I’m more focused on self-help books on emotions and adult life and it helps a lot on dealing with my issues; and, 3) I’ve been out of the country and just got back this week so I’ll be writing about that really fun trip in a while! I hope I don’t take that much time writing that though. A clue for those who don’t follow me in any of my social media accounts: it’s the land of bubble tea.
So there, I guess I have to start writing. Let me share to you this song I’m listening to right now. The bridge just kills me but it’s so good.
A favorite drink!
Disclaimer: If you’re looking for the cheapest Bali itinerary you could find, this is NOT what you’re looking for. In this travel, we spent to our heart’s content to get the full Bali experience but we did get our money’s worth so if you want a few tips here and there, keep on reading. Also, I divided this to two posts because I really want to describe the experience as much as I can so read the first post here.
A map of Bali in Ngurah Rai Airport
Disclaimer: If you’re looking for the cheapest Bali itinerary you could find, this is NOT what you’re looking for. In this travel, we spent to our heart’s content to get the full Bali experience but we did get our money’s worth so if you want a few tips here and there, keep on reading. Also, I divided this to two posts because I really want to describe the experience as much as I can so read the second post here.
It has been more than a year since I last posted. I really, really tried to write more and I had these ideas but I never seemed to materialize it to even a short blog post; I’ve been too busy and my laptop’s keyboard is acting up. This time I want to write continuously…for real!
Here’s a short recap of my year:
- Started baking and sold my goodies (August 2017) — Sweet tooth alert! I figured out I spent most of my money eating sweets…and getting dental check ups. So I thought I should start baking to actually make my cravings adjusted to my taste preferences. Surprisingly, my friends (and their friends) liked it and asked me to sell them so I did. I was making a living off of it for a few months then I got busy, but I still make time for special requests.
- Got a new job! (October 2017) — I left my job as a research assistant and became a general administrator but in the same city. I really learned a lot from this new job especially in Excel. I have no idea why people don’t like to work on spreadsheets. I really enjoy handling large data sets, actually do some programming, and all that Excel stuff. I want to learn more about this so I’ve been reading on it and giving myself time to practice.
- Went through a major breakup (April 2018) — If you’ve read some of my posts, I think I mentioned Gio in most of the travel ones. Well, that Gio is an ex now. We’ve been together for 2 years and 2 months so you can just imagine the great shift in life. He’s been with me in most of my adventures and it’s kind of sad that he won’t be there anymore, but we broke up pretty well and in a mature way so it wasn’t really that painful. He remains a friend and there’s no hostility or bitterness at all.
- Went back to yoga (April 2018) — Having more time after work now post breakup, I decided to get back to doing yoga and finally had the courage to try the poses I wouldn’t even dare think about before when I was doing home practice. Padangustasana — check! Actually, I improved my overall balance and concentration so this was a yay for me.
- Colored my hair with an unusual color…and got a tattoo! (May 2018) — Yoga was the start of a string of impulsive decisions. For May, I maxed it out. I had my hair bleached last January 2018 into an atomic blonde just because I was really bored with the black hair. Come late April, I impulsively bought a blue green hair color to DIY myself (see Adore Emerald hair dye) and when it arrived mid-May, hello wild hair! Prior to that, though, I had myself inked with a lotus flower and a dandelion with an “om” sign. Both flowers signify strength and perseverance and om means oneness with the universe so it kind of explained what I’m trying to be for the rest of 2018 (and my life).
- Went overseas for the first time (July 2018) — my best friend Sasha and I impulsively booked a ticket to this place where we wanted to go ever since college. I was really nervous for my first international trip because I had papers to process. As a government scholar, there was a travel ban for us and it was recently lifted, but I still had to get a clearance which meant I had contracts to notarize, letters to write, and forms to fill. Guess I was blessed because it was approved immediately and I went abroad easily. I’m still coordinating with Sasha for our pictures during the trip so please stay tuned for the next post!
Guess that’s it. I’m really excited to write about the overseas travel I just had and more about what’s going on with my life as I’m expecting another major shift this year.
Thanks for dropping by!